SALT LAKE, April 21, 2015 - Utah's Gigabit Networks -- from Google Fiber to UTOPIA to others -- will be the subject of discussion at the Utah Breakfast Club LUNCHEON event on Friday, April 24, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Utah State Capitol.
The Utah Breakfast Club LUNCHEON event, which will also be webcast live at UtahBreakfast.com, is being sponsored by BroadbandBreakfast.com: Lunch will be available FOR FREE to registered attendees. Register below or at the Utah Breakfast Club events page.
The panel discussion and FREE LIVE WEBCAST will explore these topics:
Google has captivated the enthusiasm of internet users -- and the attention of economic development professionals -- by offering Gigabit Network service in selected cities across the country.
In announcing in late March that Google Fiber will expand to Salt Lake City (its eighth metropolitan area nationwide), the broadband world turned its envying eyes on Utah. With Google Fiber in Provo and now Salt Lake -- and with Gigabit Networks available in the 11 cities served by the Utah Telecommunications Open Infrastructure Agency, or UTOPIA -- Utah is poised to be the first state where a substantial portion of its residents have access to the fastest-possible broadband internet services.
What does Google's investments say about the economic health and technology-savvy nature of Utah? What do cities and citizens get from Google Fiber that they haven't gotten from traditional telecom companies? And, for cities and states seeking to get a Gig, what are the best options to build and enhance Gigabit Networks?
- Devin Baer, Head of Fiber Business, Salt Lake, Google
- Paul Cutler, Mayor, City of Centerville, Utah
- Brock Johansen, President, Emory Telecom, Orangeville, Utah
- Justin Jones, Vice President, Public Policy and Communications, Salt Lake Chamber
- David Shaw, Shareholder, Kirton McConkie; Chair, Government and Utilities Practice Group
- Nole Walkingshaw, Manager, Institutional Engagement, Salt Lake City
- Moderated by Drew Clark, Of Counsel, Kirton McConkie; Founder, Utah Breakfast Club
'GigUtah' LUNCHEON Event is sponsored by BroadbandBreakfast.com.